Sunday, May 27, 2012

Your Limitations will Lead to God’s Opportunities

When Job reached the end of his rope only then was he ready to realize God’s opportunities. "But now I am mocked by those who are younger than I, by young men whose fathers are not worthy to run with my sheepdogs." (Job 30:1)

Job felt extremely humiliated as he had lost and suffered extreme loss. Few people tend to see God’s opportunities in their extreme suffering, at least at first. Now Job faced additional humiliation at the hands of young upstarts who poured on insult to injury.  At this point, Job had lost his family, possessions, health, position and good reputation. It seemed to everyone, including Job, that he was being punished by God for a terrible unconfessed sin. Job was not even respected for bravely suffering through his harsh conditions.

God was teaching Job that He has the right to do whatever He wants to do at anytime, anywhere and with anything, since He is the sovereign Lord of the universe. So let go of all your assumptions about what you deserve and let God be the Lord of all aspects of your life.

Young people too often mock that which they do not understand. In this case, several young upstarts were taking advantage of an elderly person, as so often happens, because they saw weakness, vulnerability and a chance to take advantage of someone who had fallen out of public favor. Remember, that God supports those who are limited in their ability to defend themselves. Fear the Lord and turn away from evil as vengeance is mine says the Lord and I will repay. He supports the weak, the fatherless and the vulnerable.

Strong people should realize that their abilities, powers and advantages can easily be taken away by God. Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before stumbling. God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and He will exalt you at the proper time.

Job complained that he had lost all of his strength. (Job 30:11) "Now that God has unstrung my bow and afflicted me they throw off restraint in my presence." When a man in Job’s day felt he had lost his bow, he had no capacity to hunt or conduct warfare. He felt powerless. Job felt so sorry for himself that he felt he had no power to defend himself. Remember, the Lord is your shield, defender and deliverer in times of trouble. He will not fail you or forsake you.

Job felt he had lost all sense of personal dignity, respect and self-esteem. He wrote, "Terrors overwhelm me; my dignity is driven away as by the wind, my safety vanishes like a cloud. and now my life fades away, days of suffering grip me." (Job 30:15,16) God gives you your sense of dignity, respect and a healthy self-esteem. God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a health sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7)

Job felt that terrors overwhelmed him to a point of despair. He wrote, "Terrors overwhelm me.. My life fades away... I am reduced to dust and ashes... The churning inside me never stops.. My harp is turned to mourning, and my flute to the sound of wailing." (Job 30:15,16, 19,27, 31) Like David Job needed to say, "I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all of my fears." (Psa 34:1) You need to recite Psa 46:1,2 where David cries out, "The Lord is my refuge and strength a very present help in the time of trouble. Therefore, you will not fear though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." (Psa 46:1,2) You can sing, trust and rejoice in His deliverance, you will be uplifted if you look to Him in times of trouble.

Let your extremity open new doors for God’s opportunities. He has began a good work in you and He is able to complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. (Phil. 1:6)

Pray: Help me, Lord, to be a person who builds a house on a solid rock, so when the storms beat on me, I will stand firm and use those Limitations as opportunities for your glory and purpose for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment