Tuesday, May 1, 2012

There’s a blessing for you if you’re determined.


Understand that when God has placed a purpose on your life that purpose is going to take you from what you are comfortable in and place you in an uncomfortable position simply so you’ll learn how to lean and depend upon Jesus. God told Nehemiah to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem. The enemy has torn down the wall, there are breeches in the wall and I want you Nehemiah to go and rebuild the wall, I’ll be with you, I’ll never forsake you, and I will hasten my word to perform it. I need you to do this, I got your back but understand that the enemy is going to fight against you, but if you are determined I will give you the victory.


When you’ve been in a comfort zone and God says to you: I want you to move to a place that I will show you. It’s not what you are used to. I know things here were good, but where you’re going it’s going to get rough, and hard, and it’s not going to seem possible that I’ve told you to go and do it, but make up your mind and be determined to go all the way through with it.



Well that is what happened to Nehemiah God had a purpose for him and a destiny that he had to reach and he couldn’t reach that destiny in the king’s house, he had to leave his comfort zone and go to the place where God would bring him into his destiny. So Nehemiah told the king, king I know I work for you and my job here is comfortable I enjoy what I do, but I have a purpose in my life and I am determined that I must fulfill my destiny, so I am asking you king to please let me go so that I may fulfill what the Lord has said for me to do in my life. The king really didn’t want to let him go, but he knew that he could stand in the way of the destiny that God has placed on his life, so the king gave him his blessing and said go.



But people got jealous of Nehemiah began to talk about him, even tried to conspire to kill, they threatened to fight against what Nehemiah was determined to do. Ever have people talk about you, maybe say your fighting a losing battle, but be determined that you must complete that which God has called you to do.


The people tried to conspire and kill him trying to stop him from fulfilling his destiny, they said Nehemiah just come down and talk to us, but Nehemiah was determined that he had to fulfill his destiny. So he said I cannot come down for I am doing a great work. When Nehemiah refused to come down the enemy said well we will just have to go and fight against him since he won’t come down.
But because Nehemiah and the people with him had a determination to fulfill their destiny, they knew what God had done for them in the past; they understood that if God be for us who could be against us. They knew greater is He that is in us then he that is in the world. So they took in one hand a sword and with the other hand they continued to work building the wall. They were determined to do what Lord said for them to do, regardless of the cost. Even If it would have cost them their lives.
Because of his determination in 52 days the walls were rebuilt. To this day people are astonished about how quick the walls were built. Modern day architects and engineers say that it would take at least a year even with today’s advanced technology to build the wall, but because Nehemiah was determined to do what Lord said for him to do, God blessed him.

Because of determination Noah and his family were saved from the destruction of the flood.


Because of determination Abraham was called a friend of God.


Because of determination David was able to bring the Ark of the Covenant back into the city of God.



Because of determination Jesus endured the suffering of the cross.


Because of determination Paul was able to say “I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith.



YOUR NAME IS ON THE LIST. Be determined to do what Lord says for you to do. There’s a blessing for you if you’re determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment