Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nothing can keep you from being what you ought to be

Scripture says, "he is the PAYMENT for your sins, and not for yours only but also for the sins of the whole world?" Why does he put that in? He is reminding you that when the Lord Jesus died upon the cross 1900 years ago, he not only paid the debt of your sins, he not only took your guilt, as Christians, but he took the guilt of the whole world. He paid the price for every human. There is no human who will be kept away from God because of his sins, if he accepts the work of Christ on his behalf. Sin can never separate an individual from God, because of the cross of Christ. No matter how bad the sins, no matter how extreme it may be, or how long continued, sin can never separate anybody, anywhere, in any time, or any age, from the heart of God, if the work of the cross has been received.


Why does The Holy spirit remind you of this context? The answer is: It is to help you see yourself. Why is it that all the world is not reconciled to God? Why is it that these others, whose sins have been already settled for them on the cross, are living in separation and hostility to the God who loves them and who seeks after them? Why is it that they are still defying God, and turning and running from him, and experiencing the death, darkness, and degradation that comes from not knowing?



The answer: Because they will not believe him. They will not accept his forgiveness. He has forgiven them, but they have never forgiven themselves. Now, could it be the very same reason why you are not enjoying the full flow of the Spirit of power, life, love, and wisdom, in your life’s experience. It is all available to you, but you must receive it. Like the world many are turning their back on it. Their saying to God, "I'm not interested in cleansing because, you see, I really don't need it. After all, this is not a sin, it's simply a weakness, just an inherited tendency, or maybe it’s something I got from my family. I can't help it." That kind of thing is cutting the ground out from under the whole redemptive work of Jesus Christ on their behalf. Though his power is all-available, it is not experienced.



Bow before him. In a moment of quietness before God, confess this terrible tendency that many have experienced, to rationalize sin, to excuse it, justify it, call it something else, doll it up, sprinkle perfume on it and make it look better, instead of calling it exactly what it is. Christ has found a way below, around, and above your circumstances. He can reach you despite the pressures; it is just that you must want it.



Pray:

Father, in this moment of quietness, search my heart. I have not come here merely to play at being a Christian; I am a follower I am a Christian. I need this probing, you’re searching finger to touch me and to unveil to me the secret areas, those closed doors that I have shut away from YOU. Make me be open, make me to be honest, make me to stop this excusing of myself and for me to face up to the wonderful reality of YOUR challenges and promises, that nothing can keep me from being what I ought to be, or no one can keep me from it. May I begin to live in that way, a fragrance in Jesus Christ? I pray in His name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment