Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What you are really saying is God you are not enough.

When you have a heart of discontentment it inflates the pleasure you once thought you had. It not only inflates it but it distorts reality. Ask yourself the question: are you grateful and satisfied with God and His provisions. Many want parts of God, They want God and the perfect spouse, and the perfect career that they really want, and a big house, perfect children, they want God and good health, God and finest foods and clothes. And at the root of all this wanting in addition to God’s provision is the rejection of God Himself.  What you are really saying is God you are not enough for me. God You are fine where I can fit you in, but my life can’t be all about just you. And I need this and that. And I need more and I need better and I need different, and my life better not be boring and I need to have lots of fun and its fine if worship is one of them, but God I need a lot more than that.


So what happens to those who have this discontentment, this rejection of God’s provision? It’s the gift from God you don’t want. Numbers 11:18: And say unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow, and you shall eat flesh: for you have wept in the ears of the LORD, saying, who shall give us flesh to eat? For it was well with you in Egypt: therefore the LORD will give you flesh and you shall eat. Numbers 11:19 You shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days; Numbers 11:20 But a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be disgusting unto you: because that you have despised the LORD. you have wept before him, saying, Why have we come forth out of Egypt?

God says, to you. You want meat, you think it’s better than my provision, and Me; You think that is going to meet your needs? Is this what you must have? That’s what you have been crying and begging for? Then you are going to get it. You can think of what that thing is in your life. Let this situation represent something in your life that you have been begging God and crying over it. And finally after all of the begging, God says: you think this thing is so great and you have to have it. “You have this now!” and you see if it is such a great thing.

If you think that this is so fantastic and you think that this thing you are crying for is better than me. If you think I’m not enough, if you think that I am such an inefficient God that does not understand nor know your needs. Then you will have this thing.
What are you chasing Him for, it may not be wrong to have but you have elevated it in importance above God. Beware of begging God for non-essentials. Because in time, you may hate what you had to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment