Monday, January 23, 2012

It seems like the good guys always get the short end of the stick.

Do you ever feel like doing the right thing gets you nowhere? Are you frustrated because it seems like the good guys always get the short end of the stick?  When you look at the world around you, it seems as if the bad guys are winning. It's obvious to the average guy that sometimes you have to make a deal with the devil to get where you want to be in life. Lie, cheat and steal. Yet, society in general applauds those who went for their dream and are successful--No Matter The Cost.


Thankfully, there are still members of society who will not stoop to such deeds. They remain hard working, honest, and do their part to help those less fortunate. They even consider success to be measured by how many lives they've touched, not by how many digits are in their bank account. Still, at times, this can be discouraging to those who try to live a life of goodwill and seek to follow the ways of God.


So what do you do when discouragement and temptation come for you to forget about "living right" and join the ranks of the other members of society come your way? After all they are the ones who seem to get ahead.


God is good-Good to good people, Good to the good-hearted. But you can miss it, miss seeing his goodness. As your  looking the other way, looking up to the people at the top, envying the wicked who have made it, Who have nothing to worry about, not a care in the world. Conceited and arrogant, they wear the latest fashions in violence. Pampered and overfed, decked out in silk bows of silliness. They jeer, using words to kill, they bully their way with words. They're full of hot air, loudmouths disturbing the peace. People actually listen to them? Like thirsty puppies, they lap up their words. What is going on here? Is God out to lunch?" (Psalm 73:1-11 – The Message.)"Did I keep my heart pure for nothing? Did I keep myself innocent for no reason? I get nothing but trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain. … So I tried to understand why the wicked prosper. " (Ps. 73:13-14,16 )


"Then I went into your sanctuary, O God, and finally understood the destiny of the wicked. Truly, you put them on a slippery path and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction. In an instant, they are destroyed, completely swept away. Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant-I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you God. Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to glorious destiny. (Ps. 73:17-24 NLT)


This is where you want to be to come full circle and realize the wicked will not prosper forever. Their deeds are recorded; they will answer to God for them. Therefore, don't let the bad guys get the best of you. Seek the Lord, take comfort in Gods truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment